Friday, April 07, 2006

Tears

Crying is a very real part of me.

When I"m in the midst of a powerful, different, neat, etc. spiritual atmosphere I will start crying. When I am passionate or feel deeply about something I will cry. When I'm overwhelmed, I will cry. All of which I felt today during the commissioning service for my school's grade 11 missions team that is leaving for Bolivia tomorrow.

The grade 11's and the leaders were on chairs in a circle. The highschoolers and parents were able to go around praying for different people. I noticed the Body of Christ at work. Some people were sending the team off with words of wisdom, some with intimate prayer, some with many words of encouragement, some with few, and many with tears. I was able to give a few girls who I prayed for a glimpse of how much they meant to me in my heart and how much I was passionate about their hearts. Likewise with the teachers. For me, I didn't need to say a bunch of words, I was able to just give people hugs and let my actions speak for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home