Sunday, May 14, 2006

Update

Yesterday was the last garage sale for us. Now we are ready for CHIC 2006. woot. It all went pretty well. I mean, it was a long day but we got through it.

It was an eye opener as to how much stuff our society has and craves. I didn't buy anything...I wanted to considering it would have only been like 25 cents but I didn't feel right doing it. I thought about the kids in Bolivia that I've been hearind tons about and felt guilty for having so much yet wanting so much more.

I kept thinking to myself how pathetic it was that a whole ton of people would waste time at a garage sale...esp. at 8:00 in the morning. I was like, "These people have no lives." But then I got thinking. It seems like that have too much life; life that is full and they can spend time at garage sales getting what they need for a buck. Maybe it's us, the busy society that is involved in soo much, has so much on their plates, gets so stressed out feeling there's not enough time to relax (esp. come may/june), and exhausts themselves with committments. Maybe it's me that is missing out BECAUSE I do too much. I almost wish that I had time like that to waste. I mean, I obviously wouldn't waste it going garage sale shopping, but I would be able to have hang out time with my friends, be able to go for a walk or play outside, be able to have an open weekend. I love busying myself with things, so I'm not complaining with being too busy. Too much is too much though; there needs to be a balance.

Anyways, tomorrow I'm off with my class on our three day canoe trip. I'm pretty excited, but also nervous. It's out of my comfort zone. I'm sure it will be a TON of fun though.

I'd better run and go pack. (I'm definitely procrastinating with that necessary detail of the trip)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home