Life Update
Only two days left of school, and then a week of exams. *tear* I'm excited with the normal "end of school" excitement that is in the air, but at the same time I don't want school to end. Well...it obviously isn't ending. It's just a nice, long, two month break of not really seeing anyone. Sooner or later, however, it will be the real end...and every "end of school" year brings me closer to my grade 12 "end of school" year. Scary.Yesterday I went out at noon with a T.A. that I've been getting to know. We wanted chocolate. Good times.
Exams start on Wed. next week. Also the day that I get my braces off. I'm super pumped about that.
My 16th birthday is on Friday. Also pretty pumped about that. One neat sidenote with that: For like 3 weeks now I have been driving myself crazy with trying to think of something special to do with for my birthday. "After all it is my sweet sixteen". I couldn't decide what group of friends/aquaintences to invite. See, I have this problem where I have maybe three close friends and half of the rest of the highschool pretty much is also a friend. So my dilema was invite just Heather for a girl, invite her and the grade nine girls that I get along with, invite her and the grade 10 girls, invite any of the previous groups with a smaller group of guys, or go all out and invite everyone I just metioned plus the rest of my class. It was driving me nuts because I bounce around and am so social with almost everyone that I don't really have a consistent group of friends.
So, I was in history class today sitting beside a friend who had his ipod on. He said that I just had to hear this one song so I did. I wasn't really listening to the words, because it was a study period and I was studying, until the chorus where I made an effort to focus on them. They were: "Let me know that You hear me Let me know Your touch Let me know that You love me Let that be enough." Then the next words were: "It's my birthday tomorrow No one here could know I was born this Thursday 22 years ago." I'm obviously not turning 22 but it hit me in a super good way and was a total slap in the face. It doesn't matter what I do for my birthday. (which I was just asking God about last night coincidently enough) All that matters is that I get to live in relationship with him...and that should be enough. Lord, let that be enough.
My back has been hurting. If feels tense all the time. So I crack it. Then it feels worse.
We are having a garage sale this weekend because we are moving in about 4 weeks. It should be interesting. Long. Boring. And a lot of work. Are also thoughts that come to mind. Then I have to go and babysit in the evening for kids that are really hyper.
My dad makes me really angry sometimes. Boiling anger earlier today. Turned on the radio. "Grace Like Rain" was playing. It made me smile.
The other night, about a week ago, my midterm, history, reasearch paper was due. Oddly enough, my internet wasn't working, printer wasn't working and we couldn't find any floppys. On top of that I was rushing out the door to a ball game. I tried phoning around to see if I could come to someone's house after ball to finish it (getting the reference page together which I needed the internet for, editing the paper, then printing it). I got a hold of someone but in order to get my already written paper we needed to figure out how to get in on a CD. By this point I'm freaking out, my dad and I are furious at each other and I'm almost late for ball.
We end up getting it all onto a CD and figured out. I climb into the truck with my ball stuff all ready and say to myself, out of the blue, "Now I'm going to get in a car accident and die and it's all going to be for nothing."
The joy of the Lord is my strength.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home