Hope
I've spent the afternoon working. As soon as we got home from errands I started doing work unpacking and cleaning and all that sort of thing. Well, needless to say, the sort of thing that seems to happen every time we are supposed to do work happened again. My parents started getting on my case about everything wrong that I do and how I'd better start doing some work.Now, obviously this bothers me every time it comes up because there are many days where I feel so bogged down and discouraged with all the responsibility I have and all the work that I have to do. So if you throw my parents being unappreciative on top of that...well it sort of doesn't make me feel to good...
So, as I was taking a break and pitying myself, I realized, "Thank goodness that God is not like that." I mean, I'm living a life for him and there's no way that I'll ever be able to meet every single standard...no one is perfect. But, when I put effort into something, he always sees and always is pleased. He sees the desires of my heart, he loves me no matter what, and he is always patient and gives all the chances I need.
On a spiritual journey, motivation can so often be completely wiped out because it feels like we need to be at a certain point before being able to come before God or feel successful. Thankfully, we serve a God of hope and of uncondtional love. He desires for his children to find rest in his love. He is pleased with the sacrifice of a broken spirit, not of burnt offerings and the likes. He longs for us to run to him.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home