Sunday, November 05, 2006

Volleyball is Complete

Our girls volleyball team went to compete in conference playoffs yesterday in Allan. There were five teams and the top two advanced to regionals. We thought we might have had a chance, but really didn't know what to expect. We had come a long way this year and knew that if we played our best, we'd have a chance.

Our first game was against Allan. We lost in the first two sets; the first one wasn't the greatest but the second one was sooo close. We lost 26-24. Argh. It was disapointing. Our second game we played the top team there. We definitely lost, but we actually played alright. Our third game we were told we had to step it up and get the momentum going because we could still play better. Our head coach, Mrs. Sawyer, couldn't be there so it was just our other coach the whole time, but we kept in contact with Mrs. Sawyer throughout the day. Anyway, the third game we one...by a lot...but the team we beat wasn't the greatest. Oh well...we earned our points and played two really strong sets. Our last game we played another really good team and lost, but played hard and well.

So, we obviously didn't make it to regionals, but I'm more okay with that than I thought I would be. I was kind of nervous that if we didn't play very well or win at all, Mrs. Sawyer would be really disapointed, but we did play pretty well...and I think both of our coaches were proud.

Volleyball is done...and now I feel like I have even less of a life...pretty much no life at all. But, it was a good season and now we have our wind up to look forward to. I'm pretty sure it is going to consist of pizza, glow in the dark volleyball...and an allnighter. Woot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home