Monday, August 27, 2007

Just Look

I was on the worship team at church yesterday. There is this lady in our church who is struggling quite a bit: depression, cancer, etc. My mom has been kind of a light for her recently and she takes her out for coffee and stuff. She (the woman) is just so...sad. And self conscious. All the time. I saw her in the congregation today as I was singing up front and just wanted to make eye contact with her so that I could smile at her and somehow show that she is loved and special and...just get God's love across to her. But, she wouldn't look at me. For like 2 songs aaand the announcements. As I was waiting for her to look I realized something. That is exactly what we do to God so often. He is always trying to just get us to take a minute and at least look at Him. JUST so that he can show us how much he loves us. And how much MORE than I could ever feel for the woman in our congregation. That's all he wants. Just to love on us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home