Sunday, April 15, 2007

Oh I just love our selfish world

On our way back home from Bolivia, in the airplane, there was a magazine called skymall. Yes, you can now do your shopping on an airplane. And it wasn't just the necessary groceries or clothes, it was a whole bunch of new technologically advnaced gadgets...things that make it so that we don't have to do as much. Automatic things. Special cleaners. Special pens. A vacuum cleaner that never loses suction. Water toys. And a whole bunch of other crap that people probably spent millions on to make and will get millions more becaue of it. Stuff that is pretty much pointless.

Maybe I'm just being extra bitter because of JUST getting home from Bolivia and because of how hard it has been to come back home. It's been a harder transition coming back to Canada than it was to go to Bolivia.

But, that stuff really did bug me. It makes me mad.

Another thing I've been thinking about lots (well I've been thinking about everything practially) is worship. The boys in Bolivia worship with EVERYTHING they have whether they are on key or not. I wish I could be more like that. Who cares if I don't sound as good to the person sounding next to me. What does my heart look like, though?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home