The Transition
It has been harder going through the transition of coming back to Canada and continuing on with life than it was to get used to being in Bolivia. Culture shock nothing. THIS is the hard part.It makes me frustrated that life just keeps moving forward and it doesn't wait for me to be done processing everything. That probably sounds silly, but it's just how I'm feeling. Life goes on whether I want it to or not...even whether I think it's fair that it keeps moving or not.
Everything that we did and learned in school today seems arbitrary and pointless. I have been so restless and irritable. Still a bit depressed too. I just want to be in Bolivia with those boys that stole so much of my heart.
But, I just have to continue with the process of transitioning back into life...and learning how to mix my experience in Bolivia in with the rest of my life. Right now they are two very separate and lovely boxes, but I have to stick them together.
I also need to make sure I'm not ignoring the people that don't understand how I'm feeling. They don't understand because they weren't there...and they'll never understand. However, I can't just pay attention to the girls in my class that were there and that are all going through the same exhaustion of processing. I need to remember that my whole life is a ministry and I need to show love to everyone.
I had quite the moment last night as I was listening to spanish music and looking at all my pictures. I miss it so much.
This may take a while.
But that's okay.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home