Saturday, September 29, 2007

Never-ending Cycle

And really, what's the point of this never-ending vicious cycle of living a busy and demanding life that never stops. We get up, rush off to our jobs or our schools, work our butts off during the day and have our breaks (such as noon-hour) be filled with more meetings and commitments that you have to run to, not having any time to breath. And then, we go home...or rush to another commitment before getting home much later than anticipated...only to have home meet us with piles of homework or work that we have to do on the side. And then we finally get to sleep...it's not a nice peaceful feeling when you're laying in your bed however because you're either thinking about all that you didn't get done, all that you have to do the next day, or the fact that you haven't spent time in devotion -- reading the Word or praying. But, I tell myself, I'll do it tomorrow because I just need sleep to give me energy to make it through the next busy day. And we both know that tomorrow it doesn't get done either. Once you finally calm yourself down enough to get to sleep, you wake up the next morning only to do it all over again.
So really, what's the point.

So frustrated with this busy society that we life in.
So frustrated that I have to make time for school, God, family, friends, homework, my job, and sleep all in 24 hours.
So frustrated that I can't find or make time to breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home