Two Topics of Today
#1: AngerLast night I was furious. A couple things happened between me and my parents that made my head feel like it was going to explode in anger. However, after the heat of the argument had passed, something better happened than what I wanted in the first place and the night unfolded wonderfully. I was reflecting on the whole evening later on and realized how much my anger had blinded me. I was so enraged that I closed my mind to practically everyting. I was held captive by my anger. I realized that things were all going to unravel the way they were going to whether I was angry or not...and everything was for the better. I anxiously await the day that I learn to relinquish control.
#2: Community
The missions team came back today and I got to go to the airport to welcome them home. After a marvelous lunch, I went to the airport and saw all of the grade elevens' families waiting their arrival. A few of us went to the window to watch the plane come in and then went back over to the gate to meet them. We watched through the window as the big group of them came down the escalater and waved. It was super awesome. I didn't really even have one person specifically that I was there to see or excited to welcome home, I just wanted to support them as a whole. I mean, I obviously wanted to hug the select few that I know pretty well, but all in all, I just wanted to be there. As I watched the plane land, watched them walk through the gate, and welcomed them, there was a neat feeling of community.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home