Lovely Weekend
Jam 06 was great. It was pretty different--in a good way--to be a student leader instead of an actual jammer. I enjoyed the freedom to do whatever until meals when I had to be in the kitchen helping out with serving and cleaning. I had a ton of time to be by myself and just kind of hang out with God. I think I was an intervert this weekend...it was very nice.I got up quite early in the morning to be by myself...well...with God. And all afternoon Sat. I was hanging out at the college while the jammers were off on their excursions.
Yesterday instead of going to our mini worship service at the college (the other worship times had been at the covenant church in strathmore but considering the chuch people had church Sun. morning we had to have our own at the college) I got to go to their church service with a friend. It was awesome...and I got to see a bunch of people I hadn't seen forever and really wanted to see. Being at the service with the Strathmore convenanters, it felt like a second home.
I really got to get to know Vashti's roomate that I had met at extreme. That was really awesome.
I kept busy the rest of the day Sun. with setting up the church again for our night service. That was good, I was less tired when I kept myself busy...and it was fun, busy things.
Both Sat. night and Sun. night worship services were really good. The other times at Jam and Extreme and stuff I've had various things going on in my life so they were significant in my walk in very memorable ways. This weekend I was at a strong point in my walk: just growing, learning, etc. I was pretty good with God. So...going into the weekend I was kind of wondering if it would be boring and nothing special. It turned out just wonderfully anyways. Even though I wasn't going through anything major, I was still able to meet with God and just worship wholeheartedly. I learned that I don't need a crisis in my life or be going through something emotional to have significant meeting with God. I just need to be myself and and meet with God just as I am. As much as I thought it would be more memorable if I started crying (like good tears esp. when VAshti's roomate came up to me and asked if she could pray for me) God just wanted to let me know that things like that don't need to happen; that I just need to be content and find God in the small things as well.
It was a great weekend.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home