Saturday, April 19, 2008

Stupid Groundhog

It is April 19. We got a pretty heavy snowfall last night, and are expecting an even bigger one tomorrow and Monday. In the form of blizzard. We got a warning that SCHOOL might be cancelled on Monday. In APRIL...and in SASKATCHEWAN. Nothing stops us from going to work/school. The beautiful picture of spring and blooming trees that I saw as I looked outside has returned to whiteness. I don't know if it is cold whiteness because I haven't even been outside yet today. I have no desire to go anywhere outside today. I've been at home with Teagan all morning and afternoon partying it up with my homework. Left to my disappointed and miserable feelings as I had to say goodbye to an important and highly respected teacher yesterday. But that is another topic. And it is probably one of the reasons that my attitude toward the snow is what it is...instead of me loving it, embracing it, and heading outside to take advantage of it. Because that would normally be the theme of any blog entry regarding weather -- even if the skies decided to empty it's precipitation in snow form in the middle of April. But not this time. Teagan asked me if we could go outside with our winter clothes on and play in the snow. I replied, "Teagan. It is April 19th. Under no circumstances are we going to support the fact that winter has returned, that the roads are horrible and I feel stuck, or that there is any type of snow to play in." Maybe if I deny it long enough, it will go away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home